The consecration of the conventual church of Saint-Jean in 1578

After the great victory of 1565, the Order of Saint John proceeds to the construction of the new city of Valletta. During their stay in Vittoriosa between 1530 and 1571, the Order had used the parish church of St. Lawrence in this city for their spiritual needs, but this was only a temporary solution. As might be expected, the Knights …